This is a first for me since I have only been in blogger world for two months.
I have been tagged by one of my favorite bloggers, DC to participate in a Meme. In short, I will have to answer 5 questions about myself then tag 5 other people to participate in this little game. I will leave them a comment to let them know that I tagged them and then they will answer the same questions and then tag another 5 people….get it? Good…..here we go!
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
- Recovering from the first of my many cancer surgeries
- Caring for my son Nicolas who was 6 months old
- Celebrating my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary with a giant wedding reception of family and friends……this is the Grammy I talked about in my tribute.
- Working for a large Cell Phone Company as an Account Executive…that was when phones were mounted to your dashboard or in a bag!
- Spending our weekends at the lake in our boat
5 Things on my to do list today:
- Take our dog Rudy to the groomers for a much needed hair cut….the poor thing had to be so hot under all that fur
- Go to the post office to mail bills
- Take Nick to school and then pick him up…..noon dismissal…..tomorrow is the last day…Yeah!
- Go to the store to pick up extra diapers…..we are running low!
- Wash the sheets in our guest bedroom…..last night my Aunt and Uncle flew in from Sicily….they spent the night and left this afternoon to go back to Alpharetta, GA.
5 of my favorite snack foods:
- Pretzels….boring I know, but they are the first thing I grab when I come home and I am starving…..my favorite are the big beer pretzels…..they are not the same everywhere, i notice when I travel, I cannot get the same brands I get here at home…..we have some spectacular pretzel companies in PA.
- Chile Pepper Hummus with Whole Wheat Pita or Sesame Bread Sticks
- Swedish Fish….I cannot keep them in the house…I will eat them all!
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Peanut Butter…..You take a bowl and spread peanut butter on the bottom and up the sides of the bowl, then you put it in the freezer for about an hour or more, when it is ready, fill the bowl with vanilla ice cream and then top with milk chocolate chips…..this is the ultimate guilty pleasure………when I am depressed or had a really bad day, this is what I grab
- I saved the best for last……baguette bread, drizzled with olive oil and baked in the oven, when it comes out, I rub it with a garlic clove. I top the bread with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and basil, then I poor a balsamic reduction on top! On any given Sunday, you could stop by our home and this is what we will be eating
5 Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Buy a huge piece of land so that we could build multiple homes so that all of our family and loved ones could be in closer proximity.
- Travel to Italy and buy a second home for vacation getaways
- I would provide funding to see that the proper medical attention is given to all special needs children that are waiting in orphanages to be adopted
- Provide funding for the research and cure for Breast and Ovarian Cancer
- Volunteer and provide money to the victims of the Earthquake devastation in China
5 Places I have lived:
- Laurel, MD
- Torrington, CT
- Richmond, VA
- Emmaus, PA
- Allentown, PA
Now, for the 5 people that I would like to tag in this little game……hope you don’t mind!
Good luck everyone……leave me a comment and let me know that you will be participating…I will be checking in to see your answers!